Current Research Projects
- Sep. '11 - Aug. '15. Best practices for agricultural WASTEs (AW) treatment and REUSE in the Mediterranean countries, LIFE+ Environment Policy and Governance 2010, Participants: TUC, Centro de Edafologia y Biologia Aplicada del Segura, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas (CEBAS-CSIC) (Spain), Regional Center for Agricultural Experimentation and Assistance (CERSAA) (Italy), Chemical Laboratory of the Chamber of Commerce of Savona (Laboratorio Chimico CCIAA) (Italy), SIGNOSIS SPRL. (SIGNOSIS), (Belgium), funded by EC, Total project budget 1.384.799 €, TUC budget: 277.088 €, TUC coordinator, http://www.wastereuse.eu/.
- Sep. '12 (est.). - Sep. '15. Development of an integrated methodology for the management, treatment and valorisation of hazardous waste (WasteVal), Thalis project. Partners: Laboratory of Metallurgy (NTUA), Laboratory of Electron Microscopy, Department of Physics (AUTH), General and Inorganic Chemical Technology, Department of Chemistry (AUTH), Research Unit of Mining / Metallurgical Waste Management and Rehabilitation of Contaminated Soils (TUC), Budget: 521.000 €, funded by the Greek Ministry of Education, http://wasteval.labmet.ntua.gr/#&home
- Oct. '12 - Sep. '16. Sustainable strategies for the improvement of seriously degraded agricultural areas:The example of Pistachia vera L., LIFE+ Environment Policy and Governance 2011, Participants: TUC, Hellenic Agricultural Organization "ELGO-DEMETER"-Soil Science Institute of Athens (coordinator), Institute of Mediterranean Studies Foundation for Research and Technology, funded by EC, Total project budget 1.026.509 €, TUC budget: 175.233 €, http://www.agrostrat.gr.
- Jan. '13 (est) - Dec. '15. Recycling of quarry dust and construction and demolition wastes for the production of novel ecological building elements, Cooperation Project, Participants: Research unit "Quality Control-Health and Safety in Minerals Industry" (TUC, coordinator), Research unit "Management of mining / metallurgical wastes and rehabilitation of contaminated soils" (MWSR), Technobeton S.A, Finobeton S.A, funded by General Secretariat of Research and Technology, Project budget: 504.250 €, MWSR TUC budget: 102.500 €. http://www.durecobel.gr/
- Jan. '13 (est) - Dec. '15. Development of Mathematical Predictive Model coupled with Neural Network smoothing algorithms to Optimize Operating Conditions and Improve Energy Efficiency of Rotary Kiln and Electric Arc Furnaces in Ferronickel Production Plants (MANNFENI), Cooperation Project, Participants: NTUA (Lab. of Metallurgy, coordinator), TUC, LARCO (FeNi plant), ELKEME, TEC, funded by General Secretariat of Research and Technology, Project budget: 821.421 €, TUC budget: 69.100 €.
- Feb. '16 - Jan. '20. Metal Recovery from Low Grade Ores and Wastes Plus (METGROW PLUS), Horizon 2020, Coordinator TEKNOLOGIAN TUTKIMUSKESKUS VTT (Finland), 19 participants, funded by EC, total project budget 7.911.462,50 €, TUC budget: 437.125,00 €