The School of Mineral Resources Engineering in collaboration with the Quality Assurance Unit and the competent services of the School has harmonized the Quality Assurance Policy of the Undergraduate Study Program with the Quality Assurance Policy of the Technical University of Crete. The School of Mineral Resources Engineering implements a comprehensive quality assurance policy that supports the academic nature and direction of the curriculum, promotes its purpose and objectives, and works towards achieving its strategic goals. It also incorporates the recommended quality procedures with the ultimate goal of continuous improvement. This policy specifically aims to ensure the quality of the study programs offered by the School.
The vision/mission of the School is to offer high quality, scientific know-how and skills to its graduates and become a reference point in research, exploitation, and utilization of mineral raw materials, energy resources, geotechnics and environmental geotechnology both in Greece and internationally. It aims to educate competent young engineers, develop innovative research, support the sustainable development and social cohesion.
The Administration of the School is committed to follow the procedures provided by the University quality assurance system and to make all necessary efforts and take all necessary actions to ensure that the study program achieves its goal. As a result, graduates of the School will meet the high standards set by the Technical University of Crete for all its graduates, both as scientists and individuals. The approaches and methods employed to attain the strategic objectives of the School are:
1. Pursuit of learning outcomes and qualifications in accordance with the European and National Qualifications Framework for Higher Education.
2. Continuous improving the undergraduate study program through periodic reviews and updates.
3. Monitoring the performance and progress of students.
4. Ensuring the level of required qualifications of graduates, considering the changes in national and international labor market, and continuous adaptation to scientific and technological developments.
5. Support of research in the areas of mineral resources engineering and broaden the scope of their practical application for the progress of society.
6. Promotion and development of educational and research collaborations with institutions in Greece and abroad.
7. Enhancement of international relations and inter-institutional cooperation programs that involve student, teaching, and administrative staff mobility.
8. Attracting top scientists from Greece and abroad to compete for faculty positions.
9. Organization and implementation of activities to promote and communicate the achievements of the School locally, national and internationally, and strengthening the connection with the labor market.
10. Promotion of the School's social profile with an emphasis on participating in social activities and addressing social issues.
11. Ensuring transparency at all levels and implementing academic ethical principles to prevent any form of discrimination.
12. Ensuring effective operation in relation to human resources, infrastructure, and services.